The Special Needs Advisory Committee (SNAC) has the mandate to advise the Centre de services scolaire on the following:
- Special Education Policy.
- Allocation of financial resources to the services intended for those students.
The committee can also advise the Centre de services scolaire on the implementation of an individualized education plan for a student with special needs.
- Parent representatives designated by the Parents’ Committee. The parent representatives must constitute the majority (Consequently, there should be a minimum of eight (8) and a maximum of ten (10) parents’ representatives);
- Representatives of teachers, non-teaching professional staff and members of the support staff, designated by the associations representing them at the School Service Centre and selected from the persons who provide services to those students;
- Representatives of a body that provides services to handicapped students or to students with social maladjustments or learning disabilities, designated by the administrator after consultation with these organizations;
- School principal designated by the administrator;
- The administrator or designate and the director of Educational Services or designate also sit on the committee but do not have voting rights.
|Role||School/Organization||Name of member|
|Parent||St-Paul/Mountain Ridge||Vacant Position|
|Parent||Gabriel Dionne||Vacant Position|
|Representative of the Parents’ Committee||Parents’ Committee||Kimberly Buffitt|
|Professional Staff (SPPNEQ)||Centre St-Theresa||Marie-Philippe Asselin|
|Support Staff (SERF)||Vacant Position|
|Francophone Teacher (SERF)||Vacant Position|
|Anglophone Teacher (LNSETA)||Harrington||Keith Rowsell|
|Representative from External Organization||CISSS de la Côte-Nord||Dean Buckle|
|Representative from External Organization||Coasters Association||Vacant Position|
|School Principal||Gabriel-Dionne/St-Joseph||Karine Dubé|
|Coordinator of Educational Services||Centre St-Theresa||Katia Tardif|
|Director of Educational Services||Centre St-Theresa||Marie Hamel|
|Administrator||Centre St-Theresa||Philip Joycey|
2021-2022 School Year
2020-2021 School Year